Thursday, March 19, 2020

Teens Public Speaking @ SMK IMTIAZ Ulul Albab Melaka

"Johan, we would like to invite you to conduct a workshop for our students. Are you available ?" Siti asked.

We agreed and that was the start of fine-tuning some of the modules for 60 teens. It has to be :
- interactive
- fun
- easy to understand
- applicable after they leave the workshop.

It was a plan to go with Cherry, and at the same time, hunt for food at Melaka. But that was not to be when we also have a kids emcee engagement with MITI ( Ministry of International Trade and Industry ) on the same day.

I dropped off Cherry at MITI at 6.30am, and drove straight to Melaka. Reached there around 9.00am and Siti was there to greet me. She was also kind enough to serve me with breakfast.

I took a quick one and went straight to set-up my laptop and the projector.

Within 15 minutes, the teens came in. Siti asked,"Johan, we have around 67 kids, is it OK ?" "Sure, no problem. Welcome them in," I replied.

Started off with a quick ice-breaker to warm them up. There were loud cheers amongst them. All boys school, right?

We started with the fundamentals of public speaking, then moved on to impromptu speech, body language and voice modulation. Some took the stage for the 1st time, some were quite familiar, doing this few times already, some got challenged by their friends and stepped up to speak though it was nerve wrecking.

The teenagers thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and I assured them, these skills they learned will be truly useful in the future. 3 Hours just passed and it was the end.

Siti told me,"Johan, this was the 1st, and I assure you, it will not be last." "I am glad I am able to serve and impart my knowledge. Thanks for the invitation."

From the desk of :
Johan Ooi ( Founder of Johan Speaking Academy )


No comments:

Post a Comment